Just For Fun Avian ID Quiz #9: A New Week, A New Quiz
As always, the “Just for Fun Avian ID Quiz” is brought to you by Jory Langner, our esteemed Avian Quizmaster. Jory had a heck of a Thanksgiving and we think the turkey is still having some effect on him…
Rules are the usual, regularly occurring birds in the ABA area (Code 1-3), the question to be answered is at the end of the clues, and the answer will be posted on Saturday (more or less).
- Some of the other species you might have on your day list are Fox Sparrow, Wrentit, California Thrasher and Sage Sparrow.
- “Finger painted by a toddler”?
- Earlier this year, a half dozen eggs of this species sold for about $50.
- A Pete Dunn field mark from afar is eerily similar to a song sung by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles (1965), covered famously by Linda Ronstadt (1976) and is ranked #50 on Rolling Stone’s list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
- In the vein of “things you learned while searching for something else”…being that I live in the US and last week was Thanksgiving, I had recently been researching Wild Turkey.
Without mentioning the species, what is interesting about this species migration?
Good Luck! And stay tuned for the answer.